San Francisco

Brad and I went to San Francisco this weekend. Brad had a conferance there on Monday and Tuesday, so we decided to fly out on Friday night, and spend the weekend in the city. I flew home on Sunday, because I had to work on Monday, but we saw a lot in the two days. We flew in Friday night but we just relaxed in the hotel since we were both tired from a busy work week and we knew we had a long day ahead of us.

We walk along the bay in the morning and there was a Gaints game (baseball) and that was cool to see the stadium and the some players through the fence. Then we went to Muir Woods National park to see Red Wood Trees, on the way to Muir Woods we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge (I couldn't believe how big it was). At Muir Woods, Brad and I walked around the park and stopped to hug some of the HUGE Red Wood Trees. We really enjoyed the park. It had great trails to walk around on. After that we went to the coast to see the Pacific Ocean. We were on the coast where it was really cliffy, so it was so pretty. Then we went to a look out point to see the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a foggy day but it was still really cool to see the Golden Gate Bridge with the San Francisco skyline in the background. After that we just walked around Fisherman's Wharf, and Pier 39. We made sure to eat sea food and have sough dough bread for dinner. Then we strolled into China Town and went on a Cable Car ride through the city. After all that we were beat and headed to our hotel.

On Sunday Brad and I had a tour of Angel Island and of Alcatraz prison. Angel Island was just okay. It was on the chilly side, so we didn't enjoy it to the fullest, but the ride out to the Island was great. We could see both the Bay Bridge, and the Golden Gate Bridge, along with the city skyline, so it was worth it. Alcatraz was really intersting. Brad and I learned a lot about the prizon. We suggest anybody who is going to San Francisco to go on this tour, especially to see the city from the water. After Alcatraz and Angel Island we walked around the wharf and the pier once more and got some dinner and then took another cable car ride, and then I headed for the airport and Brad stayed in San Francisco for his conferance.

After his conferance on Monday he went up to Berkeley, walked around and had dinner. Then crashed for the night to rest up for his conferance and his flight back to Salt Lake City the next day.