Amazing Skiing!!!

Brad and I spent the weekend skiing. Utah has been getting hit with Pacific storms since Wednesday night and the skiing has been wonderful. Since April 1st we have gotten more then 45 inches (yes almost 4 ft)of new snow in the mountains and it is still coming down. Most people who live in Utah don't like to ski in April (due to poor conditions) and all the tourist stop coming to Utah to ski, so the ski resorts are pretty empty.
Our amazing ski weekend started out at Solitude where we had a powder day on with about 5 inches of fresh snow. It was great with hardly anybody on the mountain and the a ton of fresh snow. Brad and I woke up early and got to the mountain as it opened and skied hard for about 4 hours (and until the snow got skied out). After those 4 hours we were both exhausted and our legs were burning. It was wonderful. We ate and rehydrate ourselves then headed down the canyon. We were so beat that Brad and I both took a 2 hour nap before we had enough energy to shower and go to dinner at our friends Wes and Shannon's place.
Happy Easter!!! On Sunday we woke up to snow in the valley. It was so pretty.
Brad and I were beat from skiing the day before and from our night with Wes and Shannon but I got up and checked the snow report and couldn't believe we got 7 inches of snow over night. Two powder days in a row is uncommon. So we got out of bed and ready to go in record time and headed to the Canyons ski resort. We skied first tracks (which means we were the first people down the run) and skied the same run until lunch.



Like Solitude the day before with it being Easter and the end of tourist season there were hardly any skiers. Brad and I were the only people skiing this one run for about an hour and a half, and once people did find our run we head for the trees and skied there since nobody else was skiing them.









Brad and I have skied at least a dozen powder days in the three ski seasons we have been in Utah but we never skied such fluffy and light snow before. It was just amazing. We skied powder all day and had a great time. At 4 pm when they kicked us off the mountain we went down to the base area where the Canyon's had a free concert and drank a beer.


We still have one more weekend to ski (most all the resorts close April 11th) and then our 2010 ski season will done.

Check out all the pictures I took on Easter to the right of this blog.