The Emerald City


Brad and I went to Seattle for a weekend. The main purpose of the trip was to go and see Wicked. Wicked came to Salt Lake it April but the show sold out within hours and we couldn't get tickets. I was very upset since I really wanted to see the show and have been looking forward to it since I found out it was coming to Salt Lake. In April when we went to Portland we got bumped (we volunteered) from our flight and got vouchers for our inconvience. So seeing how we had voucher to fly somewhere I immediately started planning a trip and found that Wicked was going to be in Seattle. So we used some of our vouches and flew to Seattle for the weekend to see Wicked.
Brad and I flew in on Friday night, rented a car, got dinner and went to our hotel to rest up for a fun filled day of sight seeing and Wicked. Saturday was a typical Seattle day in the the 70s and overcast. It never really rained which was a good thing because we were out walking the street of Seattle all day. One thing I was really looking forward to doing was a Duck Tour. (This is not a tour where you see ducks). It is a tour around the city on this funny looking boat/car which drives around the streets showing you the hightlights of the city and then it drives into water and its a boat.


Brad and I had a blast on this tour. We saw the spaceneedle, the "hospital" they use on Gray's Anatomy, pioneer square, the park the used for the end of "The Amazing Race", the boat house they used in Sleepless in Seattle and everything else there is to see in Seattle. After we did the duck tour we drove to the Paramont Theather were we will be seeing Wicked later night and parked the car and walked around the city. We went down to the waterfront to Miner's Landing and ate some really good sea food. We also went to the Public Market and walked through that. We then walked over to Pioneer Square and had some starbucks coffee (you can't go to Seattle and not have Starbucks). We then found a place to eat and headed to the Theather to see Wicked, which was absolutly AMAZING. After our long day of walking around Seattle we went back to our hotel to crash.
Sunday we got up and headed back downtown to the waterfront to take a ferrie ride. Brad and I took a 35 minute ferrie ride to Bainbridge Island. Once we got there we walked around the little town and had a bit to eat. After that we walked back to the ferrie and headed back to Seattle.


After we took the ferrie ride we didn't have a lot of time before our flight so we just drove around and found a place to eat before heading to the airport to return back to Salt Lake City.