On Thursday morning we had a great breakfast at a little resturant, and then Brad and I headed to Glacier National Park in Montana, and Brad's Mom and Grandmother headed to Oregon.
Brad and I got to Glacier on Thursday night and set up camp. We had a great campsite right on the lake. We were beat from driving and excited for hiking and seeing the park next day and decided to crashed. Friday we woke up and drove all through the park. There is one main road throught the park were all the hikes and views are off of. So we took our time driving the Going to the Sun road, taking pictures and enjoying the sights. As we drove throught the park a baby moose ran out in front of our car, and we had to wait for it to find it way back into the wood. We never saw a baby moose before. We did two hikes that night, one around a lake and another to a huge waterfalls. Both were so pretty. On the way back through the park that evening we were still in shock from the great views and decided to stop at a turnout. As Brad stopped the car and I got out of the car I saw a ram running down the side of the mountain to the road. I told Brad to come and look at the ram, but as he opened the door he went to step out and there was another ram which was right behind our car already. So we were stuck in our car watching these rams and enjoying the view. It wasn't what we expected when we decided to pull over. We decided it was getting late and should get back to our campsite, as we were driving back we saw four mountain goats on the side of the road. We were still getting over the fact that we just saw rams and now goats. After watching the goats for a while we finally made it back to the campsite and crashed.
Saturday was very interesting day. We started off excited to hike out to a glacier but when we got to the trailhead we found out that the hike was a lot longer then what our hiking book said. Brad and I are good hikers but we knew we couldn't do a 10mile hike starting out a 11am, so we decided to change our plans and drive up to the north end of the park to a little town. When I say little town I mean two buildings. One a bar and the other a country store which sold the best bread and cinnamon rolls. It was cool because the town was having its 4th of July celebration with a picnic, live band and outdoor games. Brad and I got a cinnamon roll, a beer and watched the activities. Then we took the scenic drive back to our campsite and took a short hike around the lake by our campsite and sat by the fire planning which hikes we were going to do the next day.
Sunday was a beautiful day and a great day for hiking. We took one hike to these two waterfalls. Brad and I were shocked that there weren't many people in the park, especially being a holiday weekend, but we didn't mind. We enjoyed both falls while eating trail mix and gornla bars. After our hike we went into town, got some souvenirs, ice cream and headed back into the park. We then did this amazing hike out onto a glacier and to an overlook of another glacier and a lake. Brad and I both thought this hike the highlight of our weekend. As we were hiking we were joined by mountain goats along the trail. They were right there on the path enjoying the great sights with us.
Then while look up at a mountain we saw another ram which was walking along the ridge of the mountain. It was so neat to be so close to wildlife in their environment. The views were wonderful and the hike was great. We never walked on a glacier before so that in it self was cool and the views and goats just added to it. Then we went back to our campsite to enjoy our last night at Glacier.
On Monday we woke up, ate packed up our tent and heading for the hiking trail. Brad and I wanted to squeeze in one more hike before making the long drive back to Salt Lake. We picked a shorter hike that lead us to a lake which had about four huge waterfalls flowing into it.
We enjoyed the sight and hiked back slowly knowing we had a 13 hour car ride in front of us. We drove through the park one more time and off to the highway back to Salt Lake. Brad and I both really enjoyed the park (so far we haven't found a National Park we don't like) and can't wait to go back again.
All in all the weekend was perfect. The campgrounds were nice, the sight were beautiful, weather was perfect (not to hot and not to cold) and the company was great. Brad and I just like being outside enjoying the beauty.
Check out our pictures. I am sorry there are so many but there were so many great views and moments (plus I love to take pictures).